Is it possible

Yes, unless you know the exact genetic background of all of your birds (which most of us do not), most Guineas carry a lot of hidden recessive genes. You can end up with a lot of surprises in your hatches. I have Browns (and Chocolates) that hatched from eggs out of a Pearl Grey X Opaline pairing, lol.

Here is a pic of the keet in question. The one I am thinking could be brown is on the right. The one on the left is a pearl gray. What do you think? Or is it just a light pearl gray?

The head stripes on my Browns are usually noticeably lighter than on the Pearl Greys (as well as the body colors being lighter)... and that guy has pretty dark head stripes, but with as light as the body colors are my guess would be that he is a Brown. Depending on the bloodline some Browns and Pearl Greys can be hard to tell a part. You will know in a week or so when the feathers start coming in.

Here's one of my Browns (bottom keet), with 2 Pied Browns...

Thanks Peeps...

Yes, I will be finding out. I finally got Scott talked into me raising a few this year. I'm so excited!!! Since I already agreed, at the start, that none was mine this year.. .

Back
Top Bottom