Is it Spring yet? It needs to be Spring!!!

LoneCowboy

Songster
12 Years
Aug 26, 2007
Longmont, CO
So everybody's chickens will start laying and all us hatchaholics will have plenty of eggs. I'm getting a rather large list of breeds I want to try.
big_smile.png

UH-OH I did not know you were supposed to wait till spring.. Our Bator is FULL!! HAHAHA Well technically it is 72 in the house so that counts as spring??? LOL

I am NOT a hataholic, I am NOT a hatchaholic .......................................................

Oh, I don't want to wait till spring, but everybody keeps telling me they'll have eggs in the spring.
sad.png
I want Blue Jersey Giants, Welsummers, etc. Is it spring yet?

My incubator is shut down...hatched the last chick of this year a couple days ago. I feel like I'm forgetting to do something now that I have no eggs to check.......2 months till I start it up again. I'm already counting down the days
roll.png
I've hatched eggs on and off the last several years....but I was NEVER this bad until I joined this forum....it's all you guys fault!!!!!

So it is better to wait until Spring? How come do they have a better chance of survival?

Quote:
EGGS???? I cant figure out why....but i got 11 eggs today. I only have one EE and a broody silkie that did not lay an egg. I do not have any light for them except the red heat lamp that i used for the brooder when they were chicks. So i usually get 9 or 10 every day and today i got 11. i am going to have to bring some to work to sell. I cant eat this many eggs.

72 eggs in the bator???
lau.gif
And you plan on keeping them in the house till spring, I take it????
gig.gif
gig.gif

Or do you have a heated brooder outside and no worry of losing power??? Too funny, but you know if I had a bator I would be doing the same thing!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom