Is Metzar Farms any good?

Welsh H. lover a(TM)?

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
Hello. I orderd two welsh harlequin ducklings from metzar farms and they are coming this wensday. If you have ordered ducklings from metzar farms, did you ducklings come in good shape? Were they Healthy? And if you own welsh harlequins, do they make good outdore pets? Thanks
smile.png

I received 10 ducklings (including 3 WH) and 2 goslings from Metzer Farms on May 25th. They arrived in excellent health, and they've done nothing but eat, poop, drink, poop, grow, poop and make messes since the day they arrived. I have not been inclined to handle them to the extent that they're imprinted on me, but I think they are wonderful outdoor pets. I think they're hilarious.

I ordered two Runners, a Chocolate and a Blue, from Metzer's last year. They arrived oh so healthy and happy. I was very pleased. My sister in law has also ordered from Metzers, two Welsh Harlequin females. They were very healthy too.

I love my Metzer Ducklings! They were very healthy, but I did also drive to pick my babies up. My WH is a sweety.

Yesterday: Welsh Harlequin (Fanny), Black Runner (Chervil) Both 11 weeks old, Khaki Campbell (Dorkas)
78206_333.jpg

they slept in my coat on the way home because they would not be quite otherwise...probably cold
78206_033.jpg

78206_034.jpg

78206_022.jpg

I've gotten three different orders of ducklings this season. All arrived in good health and great shape! I've never been disappointed in Metzers birds. I've also gotten several goslings over the last three years - all arrived safely and thrived. John Metzer and his crew do a great job.

Enjoy your ducklings!

Joni

I've only gotten the one order from them this spring, and I must say the ducklings looked a lot healthier and livelier than I expected after spending 48 hours in a box going cross country in the belly of a plane. I paid the little bit extra for the "grow-gel" to be put in the box, and whatever was in the tray was completely gone when they arrived, but since its some kind of nutrient gel (probably just basically the equivalent of unflavored gatorade congealed with agar or some other food starch) and is mostly water, it no doubt help them.

From what I gather, Metzer's has a reputation as being among the top tier of mail order hatcheries in terms of quality and customer service. Due to the very nature of the business, no doubt there are problems with shipments being lost, cooked, chilled to death, etc., by the USPS and Fed Ex (who transports under contract most of the priority mail in the US from hub to hub). But, any time I've heard of people having problems, I've always heard that Metzer's went out of its way to resolve them to the customer's satisfaction.

I would definitely order from them again. If only I could figure out how to POSSIBLY justify getting any more ducks!

Welsh H. lover ♥ :

I also orderd some grow-jell so im happy that will help
smile.png
Thats for all the help everyone

Just received my 6 WH babies this past week from Metzer Farms...They all arrived happy, lively and looking great!...I was prepared for losses so as soon as I picked up my babies I cracked open the corner of the box to check on them...They were all sitting on top of their heat pack...soooo cute!...They had eaten all of their GroGel...All 6 of them are doing great!...I couldn't be more pleased!​

Back
Top Bottom