Is my 4 1/2 month old jersey giant a rooster?

Hamiltonflock5

In the Brooder
May 22, 2023
My jersey giant was in a pullet batch that I got and I’m thinking that she is a roo. She towers over all the other hens and her vocal cords when making noise is really deep. She hasn’t crowed yet but she’s also 4 1/2 months old. She has huge waddles and comb and what I assume to be saddle feathers. And I really think that “she” is a he. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank you
F40D761A-4088-4508-97E6-5B480052262E.jpeg

My jersey giant was in a pullet batch that I got and I’m thinking that she is a roo. She towers over all the other hens and her vocal cords when making noise is really deep. She hasn’t crowed yet but she’s also 4 1/2 months old. She has huge waddles and comb and what I assume to be saddle feathers. And I really think that “she” is a he. Please let me know what you guys think. Thank youView attachment 3574061
100% cockerel

When do you think he will start crowing because he hasn’t yet?
It depends on the individual bird honestly. I’ve had them crow anywhere from 8 weeks all the way till 7 months and anywhere in between. And I’ve heard of some waiting a year. And Jersey Giants in particular are slower to mature so it could be 6+ months.

Back
Top Bottom