Is my chicken hatching?

Fcarter

Songster
6 Years
Apr 11, 2017
I think my chick is hatching. It's 22 days and I hear cheeping off and on in the incubator. No sign of a pip hole yet. What do I expect to see next and what do I do? As you can tell this is our first hatch.
Thanks

It may be getting ready to hatch.
Have you candled any recently to look for internal pips?

I have tried several times but the shell is dark so I can see anything .
Then I guess there is nothing to do but wait.
The waiting game is horrible.

Do you have a calibrated thermometer in your bator?
Do you happen to know how many lumens your flashlight has?
Are you aware that if you try to candle in a VERY DARk room it helps to be able to see in to the egg...even if your flash light isn't too good?

I have tried several times but the shell is dark so I can see anything .
This is as far as he's gotten in 12 hrs. Is this lack of progress normal? Is he in distress?
20221017_164553.jpg

Any updates?
Not really. The shell seems to be cracked enough for him to get out but he gives up too easy. I feel really bad for him. How much long do I give him? Don't want him to suffer

Not really. The shell seems to be cracked enough for him to get out but he gives up too easy. I feel really bad for him. How much long do I give him? Don't want him to suffer
If he’s mostly out that’s good. He’ll probably push out soon. They can take breaks for a couple of hours in between

If he’s mostly out that’s good. He’ll probably push out soon. They can take breaks for a couple of hours in between
This is almost 2 days of effort. What should I do?

Attachments

• 20221018_081259.jpg
    20221018_081259.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom