Is My CL actually a CL?

PCBfarms

In the Brooder
May 23, 2023
Hey guys I'm looking to breed my roo to some CL hens and I want to make sure before I get in to deep that my boy is pure! I posted in a facebook group and got told he looks silver of the picture I posted but no one would explain what that means to me and I cant seem to find an answer! The breeder told me he carries the double blue gene and was a pure bred cream Legbar, she hatched him from a purebred line! I believe her but you experts seem to know your stuff so I would like an opinion! Also if he is a "Silver" Legbar what does that mean moving forward! TIA 😃

* In the picture the lighting makes him looks black and white but he has brown on his neck feathers as well as the top of his back!*

Attachments

• E0E8118B-8E21-40D5-B2D4-466A6FB55433.jpeg
    E0E8118B-8E21-40D5-B2D4-466A6FB55433.jpeg
    1,015 KB · Views: 71
Are you in the states or elsewhere?
He isn't a crested cream legbar but he might be a different variety of legbar. Idk what they have overseas or what all project varieties we have here now.
When someone says legbar we all think of the common CCL which is a barred gold duckwing with the cream gene.
When they say he is silver they mean he is barred silver duckwing instead of barred gold duckwing.

Are you in the states or elsewhere?
He isn't a crested cream legbar but he might be a different variety of legbar. Idk what they have overseas or what all project varieties we have here now.
When someone says legbar we all think of the common CCL which is a barred gold duckwing with the cream gene.
When they say he is silver they mean he is barred silver duckwing instead of barred gold duckwing.
I'm from the states boss man! :) With that being said the egg color he throws should not be affected correct or am I mistaken there too?

Back
Top Bottom