is my coop big enough?

It's really nice to have a run tall enough for you to get in and clean up after them and freshen their feed and water without bonking your head!

I agree, I built a small enclosure for my chicks so they could be in the run with the "big girls" but still be protected. Well, I didn't completely think it all through. Everytime I clean it I hit my head. I nearly knocked myself out. A new area is in progress. (My husband is building it) I guess my first attempt at carpentry didn't go to well. That's ok, I got to use POWER TOOLS!!!!!!! :woot

I agree, I built a small enclosure for my chicks so they could be in the run with the "big girls" but still be protected. Well, I didn't completely think it all through. Everytime I clean it I hit my head. I nearly knocked myself out. A new area is in progress. (My husband is building it) I guess my first attempt at carpentry didn't go to well. That's ok, I got to use POWER TOOLS!!!!!!! :woot

Hurrah power tools!

If I were you I would try to add on to the coop and run. It looks like it will work for now... But maybe not always? Is the size you gave the size of the run or the coop? My chickens run and jump and fly and seem to love having that freedom.

yes, there is ventilation. the roof has ventilation as does the floor and the door doesn't seal shut, so I imagine that adds a smidge too.

Back
Top Bottom