Is my goose's neck weird (pics) oris this normal Help!!! ):

Quote:
lol.png
i see now, yes, before when i put the pics up the frist time i put two of the same up
roll.png
but than i saw what i had done and put the right pic up
big_smile.png
you most of saw my post when both the pics were the same
wink.png
sorry for jumping on you like that
hide.gif
thanks for posting
hugs.gif

Chiropractors do great things for my neck! (okay, joking) It looks like it is hurt, but it would be hard to treat. Maybe he sprained it and when it is better, he will hold it right again. Hopefully it gets better one of these days. If not, maybe he will be okay with a crooked neck.

I'm glad he seems otherwise alright!
ya.gif

I think you're right about the fence being the cause. I can just picture him straining to reach through the fence for the most irrestible weed outside the fence, then getting scared, panicking and hurting himself getting out. Poor thing!
hit.gif

I don't think it's a slipped disc. That would be very hurtful and hinder his movement of the neck a lot. I agree more with the sprain theory; a tendon injured, inflamed or even partially ruptured. If that's the case, there's nothing you can do about it. It might just be a bruise, though.

Give it time. He's happy and healthy, so it may just go away.

That said, I myself wouldn't hesitate to rush to the vet with him. But I'm very lucky vet-wise, I live in an area with 15 animal hospitals and clinics within a 10-mile radius. My own vet specializes in exotic animals and small pets. My goose, Keld, is used to riding in the car with me and likes it fine, he's imprinted on humans AND he wears a diaper, so he's very easy to bring. I actually had to take Keld to the vet this week, he had some kind of infection and had trouble breathing. He's on antibiotics now and doing much better.
wee.gif

Thanks everyone
big_smile.png
, he is doing great, just his neck is messed up
hmm.png

I would love to take him to the vet but i cant, its not that i dont have a good vet near by,
its just that my dad thinks i worry to much (i really
roll.png
do) and doesnt want to pay for some goose
sad.png
(he doesnt like my geese at all) to go to vet.

Last edited:
Quote:
Of course you worry about your geese. When you raise them from baby goslings, you can't help but love them and worry if anything seems wrong. If you had 3.000 geese on a goose factory, it would be a different matter - not that I would care for working in such a place!

I cross my fingers and hope for the best for your gander!

Back
Top Bottom