Is salty scraps okay to give your chickens...?

i give mine everything, from pasta to cooked eggs, and mine eat meat, i dont know if it is that bad, but they eat every kind of meat from pork chops, to squirmy rats,,,,, and they eat snakes too, and popcorn, and they love fresh corn on the cobb, and absolutely watermelon, yet i had one rooster, the only one of my chickens that loved cantaloupe

We feed ours practically all of our meal scraps, which include fried foods like french fries, burgers, porkchops, and chicken (the filthy cannibals! lol), as well as vegetables and fruits, leftover pancakes, toaster strudel, all kinds of things really. We don't feed them chips or similar snack foods, though, and we've stopped giving them some things that we used to give them that they didn't seem to like, for example cabbage. Our chickens seem to love leftover pizza, too!

Last edited:
Quote:
Ewwww
wink.png
Actually, that's the one I try to avoid is poultry products. Just seems wrong somehow....

Last edited:
If you can eat it, they can eat it. Would I feed them nothing but potato chips? Of course not & that's not what you're asking I don't think. If you have a bag with a few stale chips in it you can feed it to your chickes & it won't harm them a bit.
About once a week I go through the refrigerator & everything that's been in there a little too long goes into a big bowl for the chickens. Periodically when doing this I also check the pantry for stale crackers, chips, etc. They go in the bowl as well. I've done this for years & as far as I can see it causes no harm & the birds love it!

I had no idea that chickens could eat food scraps from the kitchen...is there anything besides chips, popcorn, cereal and pizza..haha?Can you serve fruit to chickens..I saw a pic on the site where the chickens and rooster looked as if they were eating some type of melon?

Quote:
Yeah, like NYREDS said, they can eat your leftovers. I like the idea of reducing my waste so I feed them uneaten leftovers and expired goo from the pantry. I do screen it though. I don't like to feed them poultry products nor stuff that's too fatty (no meat scraps).

Fruits and veggies all game but they don't really care for some things like raw potatoes. I have been known to buy them their own treats when there is a sale, but usually stick to leftovers. Melons--you bet, especially the seeds! I think that left-over noodles, especially the ones that look like worms are their ultimate favorites!

i feed mine fried foods, salty foods, just anything we eat, they seem to lay more eggs when they are fed human food as a treat, i wouldn't doubt they have clogged arteries!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
Lmao funny how ur trying to get a rise out of people. But then again, they're probably just food to u.

Back
Top Bottom