Is something wrong with this chick?

Bill1981

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 23, 2014
Sydney
Hi guys. I'm new here, infact I'm new to the whole backyard chicken hobby lol. It started off like many, where my daughter came home from school with a chick and very quickly it escalated into a flock lol. Then incubation and more chicks!! Anyway one of my new chicks (silver laced wyandotte) is not as bright in its feathers as the other chicks and it's also a little smaller in size. Not sure why it seems to be eating and getting around just like the others. I'm going to try and put up a pic, please let me know what u guys think. Thanks.

Welcome to Back Yard Chickens! My first thought is a possible rooster, because of the difference in size and difference in feathers. Just the first thing that popped into my head. Another thought is maybe it is not digesting food properly, like maybe it doesn't have all the enzymes to break down food and doesn't get all the nourishment. I don't know if that is an actual problem with chickens. Something that might be able to happen...I don't know. I'm sure someone else has a better idea. :)

Back
Top Bottom