Is Stumpy a Rooster?

RosesChallenge

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 23, 2013
Kentucky
Hi everyone! We have three chicks that were suppose to be pullets. They were sold to us as Amber Links. What is your opinion about the chick in the back, the one with the bright red comb. Could this be a rooster? Thanks for your alls help.

I can't see all his features but you probably said it all when you said, "the one with the bright red comb".
smile.png
I don't know what Amber links are but aren't links' sexes usually distinguishable by their color? I'm not too well educated on it..

I can't see all his features but you probably said it all when you said, "the one with the bright red comb".
smile.png
I don't know what Amber links are but aren't links' sexes usually distinguishable by their color? I'm not too well educated on it..
i was told amber links are similar to isa browns.

The worker at Rural King did not know the age of the chicks, unfortunately. We have had them for three weeks now, and they were all yellow and fuzzy when we first purchased them.

They were probably just a few days old, maybe a week or so at the most. YA he has a very big comb and wattles for 4 or 5 weeks I am going to assume that is home old they are. so i would still say cockeral.

Okay, thanks cccccccchickens. I'll assume they are five weeks old. These are our first, and have been great entertainment. I dug up a lot of earthworms and fed them as a treat. It took awhile for the chicks to figure out it was food and eat. Now, they do not seem all that interested in eating worms which is a real surprise. They really like the golden barberry bushes. When I am taking them back inside the basement I can only carry two at a time. The third one will usually follow us in, or else start chirping with a loud short chirp as to say, "Hey, where are you all?"

Aww thats cute. And I feed my chickens stuff from my garden and before anyone decides to eat it they play a long game of keepaway, which is absolutley halirious to watch.

Back
Top Bottom