Is the an earth worm, chalaza, a flat worm or something else

CWDancer

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
Cracked open an egg for breakfast this morning and got a rude surprise.
It looks kind of like an earth worm with the red heart in it. Really confused on how this could get into the egg in the first place!
IMG_4299.JPG
IMG_4301.JPG

It does kinda look like a tapeworm but I don’t even know how that would be possible since the tapeworm cycle is in the digestive system.. too thick for a roundworm? Sorry I’m no help but boy that’s interesting!

Google parasitic worms in chicken eggs. Quite comon. There are several that get caught up in egg production. Looks like its time to deworm.

I googled for a while last night but all I could find were roundworms in eggs. Do you have any links?

I googled for a while last night but all I could find were roundworms in eggs. Do you have any links?
I just got to work and won' be home till after 10 pm. I googled the whole phrase "parasitic worms in chicken eggs" found some college writings on them. Listed 4 worms that possibly end up in eggs. I will check again when i get home. I switched to images and saw several photos including yours but was unable to get info from just images.

Back
Top Bottom