Is the egg shrink wrapped ?

Terri777

Hatching
Apr 5, 2023
Hi, my friends last egg has been externally pipped for 24 hours with no progress. Does this baby looked shrink wrapped ? It's the best view she could get with the incubator fogging up after previous hatches. Should she intervene ? Chick seems to be getting quiter and doesn't seem to be making any effort

Screenshot_20230404-112258_Firefox.jpg Your pictures haven't shown.

Update? I have one I'm concerned about as well
To update, my little one hatched all by herself! She was looking stuck and hadn't made progress in over 18 hours (possibly longer as I had been out and about all day so she could have pipped any time between 8a and 7pm when I checked on them before bed).

I had to make a 2 hour round trip and had decided I would intervene if she was still in the same spot when I got home. My husband called about 30 minutes after I left and she'd hatched! Here's a pic of where she was "stuck" and the reason I was concerned about shrink wrapping was the look of the membrane. Also worried about the fact she had pipped on the skinny end of the egg- hard to tell in the pic because of the shadows but that was the skinny end lol. But anyway, she did it!
E67DB72B-E370-40D5-8A11-14C0D7A198D8.jpeg

Could it also be possible the other chicks have picked parts of its shell off, as it doesn't seem right ? She will try and get a clearer pic

I've saved 1 shrink wrapped chicks before I know how this works. First, have you opened the incubator at all? how long has it been like this?

He's also pipped closer to the narrow end of the egg nowhere near the air sac. The incubator she has used is manual and not digital for humidity, she did a dry incubation and then filled the water tray, it's always had a slight level of condensation since lockdown and the 5 other chicks hatched fine unaided

Back
Top Bottom