Is there a difference?

Normally I would agree with you on the subject of white meat ... but the white meat on this bird I baked yesterday was tender, moist and delicious. I was happily surprised.
With enough skill and effort, you can sort of overcome some of white meat's downsides. But that's more effort than I'm willing to put in, and even with that effort, it still remains bland and tasteless (to me at least). I like my meats flavorful (my favorite meats are goat and lamb).

I have not seen lamb here, I'd like to experiment with it. Should have tried it when I lived in Navajo country, lol. Was not that much into cooking at the time though. Oh well.

I have not seen lamb here, I'd like to experiment with it. Should have tried it when I lived in Navajo country, lol. Was not that much into cooking at the time though. Oh well.
I prefer goat to lamb - similar great flavor, but not as fatty/heavy - but it's even harder to find than lamb. One of the great things about the Boston area is how diverse it is - you can find people from all over the world, who've brought their tasty food customs with them. I used to live in a very Armenian area that had great grocery stores and a butcher who'd save up kidneys and hearts for me :love In the spring he'd get whole lambs every week. I have since found some Eastern European, Haitian and Jamaican neighborhoods that have good butchers and non-standard meats and cuts, so I can get my fix. Even goat!

I'm not quite ready for chicken's just yet but I'm hoping to learn as much as I can for when that time comes. Is there a difference between meat chicken's and laying chicken's? How old should a chicken be before it is ready to harvest? I've been told that after a certain age a chicken would be too tough for eating. It sounds silly to me but I'm new to this. Thank you in advance for any help 😁
Oh yes, there is certainly a difference! Meat birds don’t lay as many eggs, and if given the chance to live longer than 3 months (normal harvest time) they have way shorter life span than an egg layer.

Back
Top Bottom