Is there a name for lavender orp x buff orp???

RiDaGeckoGuy

Songster
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh county, OK
I am breeding lavender x buff orp the chicks are technically pure Orpington just a weird Color like their head was dipped in buff Color paint with a black body if nobody has came up with a name I am thinking calling them buff dip Orpington’s

I am breeding lavender x buff orp the chicks are technically pure Orpington just a weird Color like their head was dipped in buff Color paint with a black body if nobody has came up with a name I am thinking calling them buff dip Orpington’s
Lavender will breed as black when crossed to other colors since it takes two copies to show up as lavender. So your's is probably black with buff leakage or vice versa.. (*perhaps* technically buff split to Lav) Your name idea sounds fun though!

At some point cross back to one another.. may actually equal Isabella.

Lavender will breed as black when crossed to other colors since it takes two copies to show up as lavender. So your's is probably black with buff leakage or vice versa..
They would be black with buff leakage, not vice versa.

(*perhaps* technically buff split to Lav)
Should be black carrying lavender, and also carrying the genes for buff (with a lot of leakage.)

Extended Black (a specific gene found in black chickens) is dominant over all the other genes at that specific locus (spot on the chromosome. That spot has at least 5 different gene options, but the one for black is dominant over all the others.)

At some point cross back to one another.. may actually equal Isabella.
Yes, some Isabella chicks might come from breeding them to each other, along with plenty of black or mostly-black chicks, some lavender chicks, and some buff chicks.

14615B87-2B26-46A9-9DE9-99DE7FC86BA5.jpeg
84ACEB50-3C3E-45E4-891F-A48CD72581B9.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom