Is there a website where you can find drug interactions??

kimmom

Songster
9 Years
Feb 20, 2010
I am wondering if I can also give another medication to our hen who is sneezing.. She is on Super Boost which is a vitamin that also has Penicillin G and Stretomycin sulfate and I am wondering about also giving her tetracycline hydrochloride

I would be concerned for "overloading" her with a variety of antibiotics.... I do understand the frustration in wanting her to get well again but I would never dose with more than one antibiotic at any one time... antibiotics do not have instant results, maybe give her a chance on her current medication to see if she improves in the next few days..

Good luck

Suzie

I would be concerned for "overloading" her with a variety of antibiotics.... I do understand the frustration in wanting her to get well again but I would never dose with more than one antibiotic at any one time... antibiotics do not have instant results, maybe give her a chance on her current medication to see if she improves in the next few days..

Good luck

Suzie
I agree with that. And sometimes too many antibiotics make a being more susceptible to other issues.

Thanks so much.. I will stick with the one (Super Boost)that is actually a combo of the two different ones for now. It has been about 36 hours since she has been on them, still sneezing etc but not gotten much worse. The other chicken died very quickly about 10 hours after we started her antibiotics so I dont think they would have had time to work :(

I read the comment by your daughter....I pray that your hen keeps improving for you all!

Suzie
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom