Is there an easy way to hammer in fence staples?

wish there was a staple gun that held fence staples, that would be nice. Staples that those guns use are not nearly as strong as fence staples.

we use the between two fingers method hand flat to the fence post.

wish there was a staple gun that held fence staples, that would be nice. Staples that those guns use are not nearly as strong as fence staples.

we use the between two fingers method hand flat to the fence post.

There are many different kinds of staple guns that shoot many different kinds of staples. This particular staple gun shoots 1/4" wide staples that can be anywhere from 1/2" to 1 1/2" long. Much stronger/thicker than any chicken wire I have seen. There are other staple guns that shoot the 1/2" wide staples in various lengths also (same gauge wire staple).

If one really wanted to go all out they could invest in one of the cordless staplers. (the ones that run on batteries and a fuel cell which is a small metal can filled with pressurized flammable gas (similar to a butane cylinder used to fill a mini torch). These are expensive but there is no air compressor to buy and no hoses or power cords to drag around with you while working... Used one of these on my wood fence - No darn way I would be doing that sort of job with a 'hammer'! LOL! Many times these sort of staple guns can be rented also...

I spent minutes stapling all the wire for my small coop. It actually took longer to just cut the wire than to staple it in place...

If I remember correctly these guns I am talking about use 16 guage wire staples. Not quite as thick of a wire as what you would find on horse wire fencing but would still work if one used enough staples and if the staples were long enough for the job.

Quote:
LOL.... Too many miles of stretching livestock fence. If its loose its dangerous. Also my dad taught me to let the tools do the work. You don't push a saw you guide it .... Yata yata. And if there isn't a tool for the job usually you can make one.

OH and Jim a Belated
welcome-byc.gif
from San Diego

deb

Quote: Where did you find expanded mesh for your small coops? Is it Aluminum or Steel. 16 gauge is plenty for hardware cloth or chicken wire. Chicken wire is about 20 gauge these days so stapling it up is a good option. And the idea of using a portable gun is very tempting Since I live out in the MIDDLE of no where and at the end of the service length of power cord too. My tools for repairs the field are a hammer wire cutter and pliers.... all can be summed up in this,

It can hammer staples or nails, cut 10 gauge wire, act as pliers, Pull staples and even pull nails. The head is designed for wrapping wire around Tposts but you can do this around any object you need to secure fence to with just wire. (They are illegal to carry in a saddle bag in CA) The only other thing I need are a small pair of vise grips on occasion. If I am moving Kennel panels (my main coop is constructed of kennel panels) the vise grip on the nut frees your hand to hold the back side in place and it reduces the amount of times you have to dig for the nut in the dirt. LOL. fumble fingers me....

If I am doing a major assembly or construction job of course I use the propper hammer propper nut driver and even bring out the two hundred foot power cord. PIA to work with though. LOL.

deb

Tapping the fence staples to adjust the leg spacing is a great idea. Why didn't I think of that before? Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom