Is there something wrong with him?

Is that maybe just his drake noises? I only have females, but this sounds how drakes are described - raspy.

The only issue I can see is angel wing, and that's not that big of a deal and can be dealt with pretty easily. Both of my Calls had angel wing, and I cut the ankle part off a small sock, got the wing into the correct position, and put the sock around them like a little seater. I left it on for 24 hours and checked it. If it wasn't corrected, Id leave it again for another 24 hours.
Yeah I thought it was his drake noises too but it sounds a bit weird, maybe its just his vocals then.
I did try to wrap his wing with a sock before and it didn't turn out very well, the first sock he got off and the second sock for some reason he started throwing up but nothing coming out, just him opening his mouth constantly and extending his neck and head. Not sure what that was about, maybe too tight.

He does sound off a bit
Does he have constant deep water tj put his whole head in.
Also do you provide grit for any feed that isn’t duck pellets ?
All these are very important
I have drakes and mine are more pronounced in the raspy sound they Make
His sounds weezy kind of
@Miss Lydia I can’t remember the Apple cider vinegar amount
Could you add that here
Maybe that will help clear him

He does sound off a bit
His sounds weezy kind of
Could you add that here
Yes he has access to water deep enough to dunk his entire head in 24/7. His nostrils are completely clear and you can see through one, out the other so I'm not sure why he sounds so weezy but he doesn't seem in distress.
I do provide grit for them too.

Yes he has access to water deep enough to dunk his entire head in 24/7. His nostrils are completely clear and you can see through one, out the other so I'm not sure why he sounds so weezy but he doesn't seem in distress.
I do provide grit for them
How old is he?
My one boy when he was younger and I was away I had my daughter watching him I didn’t tell her to clean the tray I kept the feed and water in
And she cleaned the food and water dishes but not the tray some food must have fell and got wet this caused mould on it and he must have ate it
When we got back I noticed his voice was off. He was acting normal but we went ti the vet and sure enough he had a slight fever and infection
He was given meds and cleared right up
Little things one doesn’t always notice or think about
Is it possible any feed fell and got wet ? It can happen fast a day or two it turns ugly when wet
That or at around the age they mature the voice can sound off from the switch of baby to drake usually around the 4 month mark give or take a little
Just trying to help figure it out
As for the two being together and her biting at him just let things go unless it’s nasty
Sometimes they do this to say who is the boss of the pack
Right now I have 2 drakes who often ( daily ) bite at each other over the bottom of the pack (nobody wants to be the bottom duck lol) but there is no injuries and the lead drake usually runs in and breaks them up
It’s pretty neat to watch
He doesn’t allow them to fight
He chases them both in different directions.
I don’t interfere ever unless I think a duck can get hurt

He does sound off a bit
His sounds weezy kind of
Could you add that here
1-2 tablespoons to a gallon of water is what I use.

How old is he?
My one boy when he was younger and I was away I had my daughter watching him I didn’t tell her to clean the tray I kept the feed and water in
And she cleaned the food and water dishes but not the tray some food must have fell and got wet this caused mould on it and he must have ate it
When we got back I noticed his voice was off. He was acting normal but we went ti the vet and sure enough he had a slight fever and infection
He was given meds and cleared right up
Little things one doesn’t always notice or think about
Is it possible any feed fell and got wet ? It can happen fast a day or two it turns ugly when wet
That or at around the age they mature the voice can sound off from the switch of baby to drake usually around the 4 month mark give or take a little
Just trying to help figure it out
As for the two being together and her biting at him just let things go unless it’s nasty
Sometimes they do this to say who is the boss of the pack
Right now I have 2 drakes who often ( daily ) bite at each other over the bottom of the pack (nobody wants to be the bottom duck lol) but there is no injuries and the lead drake usually runs in and breaks them up
It’s pretty neat to watch
He doesn’t allow them to fight
He chases them both in different directions.
I don’t interfere ever unless I think a duck can get hurt
Hes currently 2 months old.
I've never noticed any of his food wet, he eats it pretty fast though. I think Newt and Lovebug will end up fine with each other eventually, Newt will probably just be jealous there is another duck lol.

Hes currently 2 months old.
I've never noticed any of his food wet, he eats it pretty fast though. I think Newt and Lovebug will end up fine with each other eventually, Newt will probably just be jealous there is another duck lol.
Well keep an eye on his voice
Just in case
Yes they will be best friends
May not seem like it at first but ducks really need other ducks
They will still love you but you don’t preen , eat. Swim , dunk heads. Run , flap the wings ect
Everything one of my ducks do the rest are quick to follow the lead :)

Back
Top Bottom