Is this a Bielefeder?

I'm no expert on this breed, but this bird looks to have a beard and muffs? I can't tell if it has a straight comb or not.

I think the breed is still rare enough you'd probably know if you had one, by the price. It's also an easy look to replicate breeding mixed birds.

I did have bielefeder hatching eggs and the chicks got combined in the brooder by error so I am not 100% I also have cream legbars so I am not sure what it is, this is why I am asking

Can you get a closer picture?
X2 on donrae's question. The head and comb just don't look right to me for a Bielefeder in this picture. Is the comb a small single comb with points or is it a pea comb. If it weren't for the yellow legs and the fact that you say you had Bielefeder hatching eggs, I would say that this bird is an Easter Egger. Even with the yellow legs instead of the more common greenish legs, it could still be an EE. I hope you can post a closer, clearer picture of the head and comb.

X2 on donrae's question. The head and comb just don't look right to me for a Bielefeder in this picture. Is the comb a small single comb with points or is it a pea comb. If it weren't for the yellow legs and the fact that you say you had Bielefeder hatching eggs, I would say that this bird is an Easter Egger. Even with the yellow legs instead of the more common greenish legs, it could still be an EE. I hope you can post a closer, clearer picture of the head and comb.
I agree.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing EE there. The whole body shape, also...thought I was smoking something good
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom