is this a boy?

amie m

In the Brooder
Feb 6, 2016
My sweet silver laced wyandotte is probably a boy despite being sexed ad a pullet, but I'm hoping that there is some chance that maybe I'm wrong. S/he is 6 weeks

This is Derpy one of two SLW we have and I thought that we had a rooster as she was maturing. She is now about 2 years old and a good layer. If I could get more SLW I would in an instance. They are difficult to hold, but very stable in confined space, easy to take care of and good independent personality. Hang in there, you will know in good time if you have a rooster. The challenge will be what to do if it truly is one, but I would wait and see.
ep.gif

We can wait it out together! I'm in the exact position with my SLW. It's comb just seems so different than the other girls and has almost no tail feather when the other girls had beautiful ones. People aren't convinced it's a boy yet and the harder I look the less I know :) sending you pullet vibes

Looks like it could be a little fella, but I treat gender ID as more of a sport cos there's usually at least one chick that will not conform to signs that typify either sex.

CT

Thank you asiawaka and I hope your chicken adventures are a lot of fun. There is a lot of really good information here at BYC and I am very thankful to the knowledgeable people who answer as best they can. If you look into it they have an list of things to look for in telling if your chicken is a rooster, beside a persistent need to crow in the morning. One of the signs is the feathers in the tail and the back of the neck, if they become pointy like.

That is a little bit reassuring. Was your hen as red this early skyworld? And asiawaka, can I see your chick?

Back
Top Bottom