Is this a drake feather?

Is this a drake feather?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have never been 100% sure! I rescued him from the floor of a local market. The best match I can find is a Swedish duck, could that be right?

Oh my gosh he's beautiful and looks to have Swedish in him for sure. Do you think the other ducks would eventually accept him if you put them side by side for about a week where they can all see each other but can't touch? Most of the time they can get use to each other and work out their differences pretty fast that way, then he isn't the new kid on the block so to speak. Or maybe get him a lady friend of his very own. Have you noticed any sexual advances towards the hen yet?

Last edited:
Oh my gosh he's beautiful and looks to have Swedish in him for sure. Do you think the other ducks would eventually accept him if you put them side by side for about a week where they can all see each other but can't touch? Most of the time they can get use to each other and work out their differences pretty fast that way, then he isn't the new kid on the block so to speak. Or maybe get him a lady friend of his very own. Have you noticed any sexual advances towards the hen yet?

Thank you!! He really is turning out to be so beautiful. I'm a proud duck mom! Yes I will definitely try putting them near each other for a week... They have daily swims together and are ok, but then the one crested duck Barnabas gets protective of the other two crested and chases poor Tulipo to the other end of the pool. Hopefully they can work it out!

So far I have not seen any sexual advances. He and Dahlia stay side by side though. They sleep snuggled up to each other and never leave each other's side when they are walking around the run. They really do act like a couple, reminds me of when ducks have a "girlfriend." BUT... He lives with another hen, Hazel, an occasionally does this thing where he stands besides her and stretches out his neck on top of her body. Could that be sexual?

Thank you!! He really is turning out to be so beautiful. I'm a proud duck mom! Yes I will definitely try putting them near each other for a week... They have daily swims together and are ok, but then the one crested duck Barnabas gets protective of the other two crested and chases poor Tulipo to the other end of the pool. Hopefully they can work it out!

So far I have not seen any sexual advances. He and Dahlia stay side by side though. They sleep snuggled up to each other and never leave each other's side when they are walking around the run. They really do act like a couple, reminds me of when ducks have a "girlfriend." BUT... He lives with another hen, Hazel, an occasionally does this thing where he stands besides her and stretches out his neck on top of her body. Could that be sexual?

Yes that can be the beginning, Ducks and chickens cannot mate it is a death sentence for the hen. Hopefully the ducks will accept him after a time of living side by side. Keep us updated
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom