is this a d'uccle?

trkcChick

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 19, 2009
Culloden, GA
When I first got our chickens I didn't know that much about the breeds. So when I bought I just bought the ones I thought were nice looking. I got these chickens from a lady who thinks they are d'uccles. I know a little more now and I'm not sure that they are d'uccles, maybe a mixed. Does anyone know what they might be?
43205_06_19_09_2967.jpg

43205_10_15_09_4799.jpg

43205_10_15_09_4793.jpg

43205_10_15_09_4798.jpg

Thanks for the help

The first pic looks exactly like my roos I got from crossing a mille fleur d'uccle roo with a columbian cochin hen. All roos were silver- most with varying degree of red leakage- and hens were all buff columbian.

The second pic- mille fleur d'uccle hen

Last two pics- mille fleur d'uccle crossed with salmon faverolle or easter egger? just a guess. She's a very pretty girl. I love that wheaten-like coloring!

Thanks!

The black and white one was killed by a neighbor's dog. I was hoping to find another one like him. If he is a mix I guess it will be hard to find.

On second picture I see Salmon Faverolles roo D'Uccle hen(midle one with spots )and may be Salmon Faverolles hen.Hen on third and fourth picture looks Faverolles cross -she has 5 toes.I think white and black boy fro picture #1 is Faverolles crosss too

Quote:
A D'Uccle is bearded... A Booted Bantam is non bearded.

http://belgianduccle.hypermart.net/dUccle1page.html : Disqualifications for All Varieties:
Absence of Muffs and /or Beard, Severed Wattles, Squirrel Tailed, Absence of Vulture Hocks

http://belgianduccle.hypermart.net/BootedBantam.htm: Disqualifications:
Any indications of beard or muffs - Absence of wattles or ear lobes - Absence of vulture hocks

pic 1 Fav D'uccle mix (very pretty) So sorry for your loss.
Pic 2 Salmon Fav, Mille Fleur D'Uccle, Salmon Fav.
Pics 3 & 4 Salmon Fav/D'Uccle mix

The amount of white doesn't indicate age. I have had mille hens that had a lot of white from the get-go. Although you are correct they get more with each molt.

Back
Top Bottom