Is this a gapeworm???????

Rubyreece

In the Brooder
May 5, 2023
my gosling just pooped this and there was a bit of blood she’s less than 3 weeks and no gaping to breathe but sometimes sounds like a crackle when breathing in very very quiet tho. Only started a high pitched sneeze noise today. No eye discharge and I can’t see anything in her throat yet but what the **** is this? Should I send fecal sample to get asap? The next 4 poops looked completely normal no blood at all.

Attachments

• 5EB8C53B-F765-4CB8-993E-01C8F31DDEA8.jpeg
    5EB8C53B-F765-4CB8-993E-01C8F31DDEA8.jpeg
    481.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 25F1863F-543F-416D-A141-1CAC0B76A076.jpeg
    25F1863F-543F-416D-A141-1CAC0B76A076.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 4
It’s now pretty watery but she’s acting fine eating and drinking totally normal could it be cocci?

Attachments

• 1F68BA08-4B5A-438E-AE6D-4EA4047061F9.jpeg
    1F68BA08-4B5A-438E-AE6D-4EA4047061F9.jpeg
    750.8 KB · Views: 2
Looks like intestinal lining, start them on corid ASAP. Another possibility is an intestinal infection from giardia or clostridium, which can both be treated with metronidazole.
Fecal testing is always a good idea if it’s within your ability just to know what’s really going on.

Don’t give B vitamins during the course of them taking corid or it will render the medication pointless.

Looks like intestinal lining, start them on corid ASAP. Another possibility is an intestinal infection from giardia or clostridium, which can both be treated with metronidazole.
Fecal testing is always a good idea if it’s within your ability just to know what’s really going on.

Don’t give B vitamins during the course of them taking corid or it will render the medication pointless.
Ok Thankyou! I have submitted a fecal sample for a float and awaiting results. Where can I purchase this and what should the dosage be? Only 3.5 weeks if parasites are present. Any help is appreciated. I also recorded her doing a high pitched pip or squeak noise is there any way to post that so you could listen and let me know if it’s normal or a sign of respiratory distress?

my gosling just pooped this and there was a bit of blood she’s less than 3 weeks and no gaping to breathe but sometimes sounds like a crackle when breathing in very very quiet tho. Only started a high pitched sneeze noise today. No eye discharge and I can’t see anything in her throat yet but what the **** is this? Should I send fecal sample to get asap? The next 4 poops looked completely normal no blood at all.
Fecal float showed no parasites at all and the tissue was only a little lining so nothing to worry about they said yay! Thankyou for your advice everyone!

Back
Top Bottom