spicegirlchicks

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 25, 2014
This little chickie seems more bold than the rest. Jumps at me and pecks at me and chest bumps the other chicks. Won't run away when I reach for him/her (which is nice because my kids & I like to hold them). Is it too early to tell if a roo? It is one of 12 chicks of various breeds including 4 Americaunas, 2 Salmon Faverolls, 1 Black Austrolorp, 2 Giant Cochins, 1 Welsummer, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte. All are between 2.5 - 3.5 weeks old. I think this one is the GL Wyandotte but may be the Sussex or Welsummer for all I know 🤔.

Any ideas of breed & sex of this one?

Thanks for any input!

Attachments

• 20210427_161128.jpg
    20210427_161128.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20210427_161130.jpg
    20210427_161130.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210427_161134.jpg
    20210427_161134.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 20210427_161257.jpg
    20210427_161257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
This little chickie seems more bold than the rest. Jumps at me and pecks at me and chest bumps the other chicks. Won't run away when I reach for him/her (which is nice because my kids & I like to hold them). Is it too early to tell if a roo? It is one of 12 chicks of various breeds including 4 Americaunas, 2 Salmon Faverolls, 1 Black Austrolorp, 2 Giant Cochins, 1 Welsummer, 1 Speckled Sussex, 1 Golden Laced Wyandotte. All are between 2.5 - 3.5 weeks old. I think this one is the GL Wyandotte but may be the Sussex or Welsummer for all I know 🤔.

Thanks for any input!
The chick in the middle of the last photo is a Sussex :) you can tell by the spots and the wings.

Thanks for any input!
I think the two white ones are the Cochins, or the Faverolles, now that I think about it, probably the Salmon Faverolles.

Last edited:

Thanks for any input!
Also, I agree, I think that is your GL Wyandotte :)

The one in the bottom right corner there looks like a Welsummer to me. I have one, so it's a little easier to tell.

Thanks for any input!

Back
Top Bottom