Is This A Rooster??!!

SophieReed

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2015

He/She is a silver laced wyandotte and about six to seven weeks old. There are three others of this breed in my flock, but none of them have a comb like he/she does. Please help me figure this out! I need to sell him/her if he/she really is a rooster!
Thank you and have a wonderful day.
-Sophie

Yep, that's a cockerel.

Wyandottes are supposed to have a rose comb. Straight combs like this are recessive and do crop up from time to time. The straight comb itself has nothing to do with his gender, but the fact it's that large and red at this tender age screams cockerel, sorry.

That doesn't upset me at all, i am just glad to know. Thank you! have a nice day
smile.png

Last edited:
Yep, that's a cockerel.

Wyandottes are supposed to have a rose comb. Straight combs like this are recessive and do crop up from time to time. The straight comb itself has nothing to do with his gender, but the fact it's that large and red at this tender age screams cockerel, sorry.
This really helped. Now i can sell him without having to worry. Thank you!

Yep, that's a cockerel.

I agree.

Back
Top Bottom