Is this a scam???

Diane H

Songster
May 15, 2020
Does anybody recognize this “hatchery” or seller?
The amount of breeds he has. And the fact that I offered to pick up the birds and he said no he only ships. And I’m looking for adult birds. I didn’t think you could ship adult birds?

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 87A73A43-96BC-48BF-94C9-A415070156F8.png
    87A73A43-96BC-48BF-94C9-A415070156F8.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Does anybody recognize this “hatchery” or seller?
The amount of breeds he has. And the fact that I offered to pick up the birds and he said no he only ships. And I’m looking for adult birds. I didn’t think you could ship adult birds?

Thanks!!!
You can ship adults, it's just super expensive.
As for no pickups, lots of hatcheries won't do pick up. I don't do pick ups. Who knows what a customer might accidentally bring onto your property germwise

As for that particular breeder, I have never heard of them

You can ship adults, it's just super expensive.
As for no pickups, lots of hatcheries won't do pick up. I don't do pick ups. Who knows what a customer might accidentally bring onto your property germwise

As for that particular breeder, I have never heard of them
I thought of the bio security factor for pick up so I suggested meeting somewhere to transfer the bird. And he even said no to that. He also claimed that it was $35 flat rate shipping for any number of chickens. And that just sounded ridiculous.
Thanks for your input.
Appreciate it.
D

Most people won't do pickups due to bio security, don't want you bringing bugaboo's into his cackle shack.

also they probably won't meet you anywhere either to hand off, they have their hands full already taking care of their birds / shipping, they don't want to be wasting more hours and hours of time running all over town meeting people to pass off a hen or two.

Have him clarify the shipping? Is that nation wide 35 dollars, or local, if it's just local (he might have assumed you already knew he does only local) then thats a fair price, he's paying someone to drop a crate at your place really. While that don't sound like much, if the guy is dropping off 15 orders, thats 500 bucks made for 'shipping' .... not bad for a days work then really.

Aaron

Most people won't do pickups due to bio security, don't want you bringing bugaboo's into his cackle shack.

also they probably won't meet you anywhere either to hand off, they have their hands full already taking care of their birds / shipping, they don't want to be wasting more hours and hours of time running all over town meeting people to pass off a hen or two.

Have him clarify the shipping? Is that nation wide 35 dollars, or local, if it's just local (he might have assumed you already knew he does only local) then thats a fair price, he's paying someone to drop a crate at your place really. While that don't sound like much, if the guy is dropping off 15 orders, thats 500 bucks made for 'shipping' .... not bad for a days work then really.

Aaron
Thanks

Given it's on fakebook, it might be a scam. Use due diligence, and if you do decide to get some birds, pay with credit card, that way you have a chance of getting a chargeback and your money back if he does fraud you. You should be able to google this guy and get some more info on them. Also, look at his other posts on fakebook, what's he been up to? If he has his profile hidden, that's a big red flag there, WHY would a legit business hide their goings on? They'd actually WANT people to see they are legit etc.

With that, again, just because someone may have posted, awesome seller, I'd use again !! GREAT deal!!, does not mean diddly. Shills are all over the place and we already know that fakebook, like that other place, has a BIG problem with fake accounts, multi's and other legitimacy issues.

Good Luck.

PS, now that I thought on it more, the 35 dollars shipping, perhaps that's per bird, and by flat rate mean, unlimited, he is saying, you are going to pay 35 dollars, no quantity discounts etc etc.

For S and G's ask him if he ships directly to your house or do you have to goto the post office to get them? Many places only ship on certain days too, they don't want the birds sitting in the post office over the weekend and dying. Also what IS his policy for dead birds? Id feel him out see what his game is about, but that's just me :D

I wouldn't necessarily say that though either. While I have seen a few 'breeders' that are definitely scamming, I also know a lot of people that have face book pages for their bird sales
which is why I mentioned that one should go thru their posts and see what they have been up to and for any customer feedback on them. The legit ones tend to be very open about their birds and operation. The scammers, not so much.
Aaron

Back
Top Bottom