Is this a sizzle/frizzle?

68 Hollywood

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 20, 2010
Hide your chickens Tx.
this is one of 8 sizzle chicks that hatched from a blue birchen (smooth) sizzle roo covering 1black (frizz) sizzle hen, and 1 blue (frizz) sizzle hen, 2 splash silkies, and 2 blue smooth sizzle hens.

From which hen do you think this chick came from? My guess is one of the blue smooth hens. Any Guess as to gender?

51678_100_1009.jpg

51678_anna.jpg

51678_100_1003.jpg

Doesn't look like a frizzle to me. Or a sizzle. Don't they both have the frontward-curled feathers?
hu.gif

Pretty chicken!
smile.png

As for gender, I say it's a pullet.

It isn't a sizzle otherwise it would have silkie feathering that curls up and forward... It isn't a frizzle or it would have hard feathers that curl forward and such... It looks to be a silkie/Cochin cross with the hard feathers instead of the silkie feathers. It may have the genes for the frizzling but it itself isn't one.
Type in Sizzle or Frizzle under search to get some pics... I couldn't find any to post here.

That's what I was thinking...Cochin/Silkie with Sizzle/Frizzle genes, but just not the physical characteristics.

LOL I love how his feathered feet look huge in the 2nd picture! So cute!!!
love.gif
lol.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the input!
We really enjoy this one. I sure hope it turns out to be a pullet.

I think it must have got the smooth feather genes instead of the frizzle gene.

I wish I could download video of it running, It looks like it could take off without using it's wings, and wow is it fast!

There are smooth feathered sizzles. They don't all have feathers that curl forward. In fact I had 3 sizzles, the 2 hens had smooth feathers and the roo had curled feathers. When breeding sizzles, you want to breed a smooth feathered bird to a curled feathered bird to prevent them from having feathering problems. I think you have a smooth feathered sizzle pullet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom