Is this an EE?

talline

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2015
I got a what I think is an EE Pullet said to be 10-12 weeks old. What does everyone think?

Could be. Since many EE's are mixes they come in different shapes and colors and sizes. Her legs look a bit pale, but that could be the light. I had some that looked like this (3/4 EE 1/4 Delaware) and laid pretty blue eggs. You'll know more when you see her eggs.

I don't see a single characteristic that would point to the bird being an Easter egger.

I'm a bit confused as to gender, also. I'm thinking I'm seeing saddle feathers, but the comb doesn't match. Can we get a better comb shot?

Thanks. It's probably a pullet and what I was seeing as saddle feathers are just, well, not saddle feathers
tongue.png

But straight comb, pure white color, white skin, clean face....all those things spell not Easter Egger. I don't think it's a Leghorn, with those white legs. It's probably a mixed breed. The only straight combed, white skinned white feathered breed I'm thinking of right off is a white Orpington, and this bird has totally the wrong body shape for that breed.

What did the seller say she was?

Back
Top Bottom