Is this bumblefoot?! Help!!!

fruitface15

Hatching
5 Years
Jun 11, 2014

Found this on one of my roosters today. Is it bumblefoot? It seems like it is a scab. What do I do if it is bumblefoot? He shows no sign of pain and there is no swelling.

Today I removed the scab and nothing out of the ordinary seemed to be there. After soaking in water with Epsom salt I poked around a little with a scalpel and only fresh clean blood poured out. I didn't dig deep at all and only scraped a little since it looked like healthy tissue, no puss from what I saw. It was a large scab, so I am confused why a infection did not occur? He has no swelling and if he does it's not noticeable. His pad feels a little stiff compared to the other but maybe from having such a large scab on it? I sprayed vetricyne on it and wrapped it with a noesporine soaked gauze pad. What else can I do except wait? Do you think there was puss deep in his pad?

You may have caught it before it become infected. Keep it as clean as possible and if you have any antibiotic spray, apply morning and night. I use Terramycin antibiotic spray ( for pinkeye ).

Back
Top Bottom