Is this chick's size normal? Potential dwarf?

Brummie Pekin

Songster
6 Years
Sep 2, 2017
United Kingdom, Birmingham
I bought 4 chicks around 3 weeks ago and they were all 2 - 2.5 weeks old. They were all about the same size except one which was slightly smaller however over the last three weeks the others are almost double its size and it has only grown a little from when we first bought it. From what I can see it is eating and drinking fine (and it loves to eat worms) it should be approx 5 weeks old but it doesn't look it. I have read somewhere that it could be a dwarf chicken. could it? I am worried that if it is a female it wont be able to lay healthy eggs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:View attachment 1127945 View attachment 1127946 View attachment 1127948 View attachment 1127949 View attachment 1127950 View attachment 1127951

As you can see in the pictures it is a lot smaller than the other chicks.:( (It is a Pekin)

looks like they are cute baby runts
its genetic & normal runt chicks are slow feed them hard boiled egg and see they grow like weeds i raised a 5 runts on the diet of hard boiled eggs in the first feed of morning after checking their crop and they start getting bigger they have big beautiful combs wattles :loveand long tails ..:drool

just watch out poop if their any undigest food just give them nutri rich food ..

looks like they are cute baby runts
its genetic & normal runt chicks are slow feed them hard boiled egg and see they grow like weeds i raised a 5 runts on the diet of hard boiled eggs in the first feed of morning after checking their crop and they start getting bigger they have big beautiful combs wattles :loveand long tails ..:drool

just watch out poop if their any undigest food just give them nutri rich food ..
Thanks for the Feedback Saaniya! I was very worried but that took a bit of my worry away:wee

yeah don't worry when i raised runts they also very tiny in their 3rd to 4th week looks like they are just 1 week old but after they having eggs they responded well within few days ..sometime people suggest to cull the runt chick as they fail to grow much bigger but it depends on us weather to give them death or let them enjoy their lil but sweet life ..

Runt Syndrome is just a normal disorder:old in chickens and animals if u give very very good food and vitamins:pop they act like normal . give them fruits like grapes , apples , pemogarnets , cracked corn , boiled corn , boiled rice , and vitamins
and start getting big .
:clap

yeah don't worry when i raised runts they also very tiny in their 3rd to 4th week looks like they are just 1 week old but after they having eggs they responded well within few days ..sometime people suggest to cull the runt chick as they fail to grow much bigger but it depends on us weather to give them death or let them enjoy their lil but sweet life ..

Runt Syndrome is just a normal disorder:old in chickens and animals if u give very very good food and vitamins:pop they act like normal . give them fruits like grapes , apples , pemogarnets , cracked corn , boiled corn , boiled rice , and vitamins
and start getting big .
:clap
My runt chick is very good at finding worms. Its just digs them up everywhere and hides them away from the other chicks. so I would say it is very healthy (for a runt)

Back
Top Bottom