Is this color “Buff”?

Duck 1 and Background Duck look more Khaki to me. Foreground Duck might be considered Butterscotch.

I also wanted to add that the 2 5-week olds you showed before might more accurately be considered Pastel, but I still refer to them as the “Buff” Orpington breed. Your first adult girl is definitely Buff-colored, though!

They could certainly be sisters! I have a hen with very mixed genetics, and her offspring look very different from one another despite being full-siblings.
Thanks for the info! I don’t know much about pastels, but that would mean they have both blue dilute genes, right? I was kind of thinking that might be the case because they’re a lot lighter colored than any of my others. (The 2 5 week olds are named Goldie and Banana 😂).

Supposedly my ducks are a mix of Khaki Campbell, Cayuga, and Silver Appleyard. But it wouldn’t surprise me at all if there were other breeds in the mix.

Do you know if any of these breeds carry the buff gene? I’m not sure where that came from because I don’t know of anyone raising buff Orpington ducks around here.

All 3 of my Buffs are light colored I like the darker one too make me think of butterscotch! IMG_2820.jpeg

Never heard of blond Buffs just Buff Orpington Ducks. I'll have to look that up.
They do say blond so yes I would say mine are blonds lol
https://fowlguide.com/buff-orpington-ducks/
If I understand correctly, a blonde buff has 2 blue dilution genes. A regular buff has 1, and a brown buff has 0. I’m wondering if my 2 babies are blonde because they’re so pale

Back
Top Bottom