Is this egg bound?

lifthiminsong

Songster
7 Years
Aug 9, 2012
I had to bring in one of my girls the day before yesterday after noticing she was acting lethargic. I "nursed" (bathed, massaged, fed and watered) her for 24 hours, then put her back out last night. She was happy and all went well until late morning today, when she started acting sickly again.

I brought her back in, checked her over again, but was still unsure of what was the matter. I put one drop of oregano oil and a few drops of olive oil in her 6-8oz of drinking water. Within 15 minutes, she "laid" an egg that was broken and NASTY smelling. She immediately went to eating it - YUCK! I confiscated as much as I could and discarded it.

The questions: Is this being egg-bound? Are her troubles over now that she's passed it? Should I put her back out with the flock? As you can imagine, she's already feeling better.

Thanks!

Eggbound means an egg is stuck, perhaps too large for her to pass. That could be how your situation started. I don't think anyone can predict how things will go now. I would put her back with her flock if she seems better, or able to be with them.

I Put Her Back Out ThIs Morning. All IS Well Except She Is Not Too Eager To Be Visited By The Blasted Rooster.
Thanks For YouR Reply.

Back
Top Bottom