Is this egg drop syndrome

jackcooper

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 19, 2014
United Kingdom
Hey guys I have my 2 hens for a year now and when I bought them they were both laying. Half a year ago one stopped laying altogether. There is plenty of calcium and no mites or anything like that. What do you think is up, is it egg drop syndrome I don't know I wonder if you guys know any more than me. Any questions just ask. Cheers jack

Hey guys I have my 2 hens for a year now and when I bought them they were both laying. Half a year ago one stopped laying altogether. There is plenty of calcium and no mites or anything like that. What do you think is up, is it egg drop syndrome I don't know I wonder if you guys know any more than me. Any questions just ask. Cheers jack
I seriously doubt it, but just about any disease that chickens get can cause a decrease in laying. They sometimes take breaks due to hot weather, cold weather, molting, etc. Here is a good thread by a former moderator that might have some answers:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/423023/why-arent-my-chickens-laying-here-are-your-answers

Back
Top Bottom