Is this enough room?

Ok good luck I can help u find a used dog kennel in ur area

I think maybe you misread her post :) she already has a 10 x 10 kennel. She's going to put this little coop in it and leave the door open so they can range in the whole 10 x 10 pen (which she's going to cover with chicken wire). :D

I think if you make the dog kennel run secure from predators then with a few modifications you could make this group work. You don't need three nest boxes, one Will probably be fine. You could take out the dividers and make more room in the enclosed part then put one of those plastic enclosed Nesting boxes somewhere else. Keep the food and water outside in the run also. So basically the enclosed part will just be for Roustein at night.

That's a good idea and just put in a small covered area in the run and have like a shelf thing with the nesting boxes on higher above the ground with a ramp and just remove the ramp before u lock them in at night so ur eggs or broody birds are higher and safe away from predators

not if they are let out and or take the nesting boxes out coop size is only a size plus chickens r usually only in the house to roost or lay an egg but if u take the nesting boxes out and put them out in the run it should be fine then they would only be in there to roost

I agree with aart. That coop is too tiny for 6 large hens. He has a great article on how much space chickens need linked in his signature.

Back
Top Bottom