is this light barred brahma rooster ?

beszchick

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 1, 2014
2112wdy.jpg

2dvooyo.jpg

Single comb little feather legs barred tail will he grow big what u think bcz it looks tinny body

6pw9ad.jpg

How old is this bird?
It doesn't look quite like a Brahma to me. He appears to be lacking feathered shanks and feet. Perhaps a Brahma mix, maybe with barred rock. In which case, yes he would get pretty big.

It's definitely not a full Brahma with that single comb and bare legs as Brahmas have pea combs and feathered legs. It looks like a mixed breed cockerel to me.

It's definitely not a full Brahma with that single comb and bare legs as Brahmas have pea combs and feathered legs. It looks like a mixed breed cockerel to me.

Me, too. I'm also not sure the color is really barred. The barring is usually very evident in the hackles, and those look more laced or, well, splotched.

Brahmas have feathered feet. It may have Brahma genes in it but it clearly is a cross. The feathering is all mottled. I would have to see other chickens of the same age to decrease margin of error, but based on those photos alone, it looks like you have a hen. If this bird is a couple of months or a few months old, then I would say cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom