Is This Rooster a Gold Laced Wyandotte?

bremat

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 7, 2009
KY
When we got our chickens, we were told they were Sebright's, but the rooster looked different to me, so I found a picture of a Gold laced Wyandotte that looks like him. Am I right? If not, then what kind is he? We just had some chicks to hatch that came from the Sebright hens and this little guy. They are very cute. Most are black, one burgundy, some with silver on them and one speckled. Any idea what they will look like when they are grown? Thank you for your help!

30566_100_2437.jpg

What a gorgeous rooster! I think Wyandottes have rose combs and in your photo it almost appears to have a buttercup. Congrats on the new chicks. I wish I could be more help.

Thank you! I can't wait to see what his babies look like when they are grown. They sure are cute as right now, at 5 days old. Some are almost solid black, one is brownish burgundy, one speckled and one black with a silver chest and some with silver stripes. Here is a picture of them with our RIR chicks.
30566_100_2448.jpg

That is a beautiful rooster.. I have pullet that is a cross between a Dominique roo and a Wydonette hen and I thing she is very pretty.

082222.jpg

This one is a cross with a Buff and RIR

081811.jpg

These are my American Onagadori

093341.jpg

I'm working on getting a few more. I have one that is a Buff and RIR mix that I call Midget. She is half the size of the others but is doing well other than that. I think it may be becaue I dropper her egg and then she hatched a few days later which was 2 days early
She was the only one to hatch out of her batch, so I went to Rural King and bought her some buddies. They are a week older than her and are twice her size. I'll post some pictures of them fo. I have no idea what breed they are. Maybe somebody will know

Back
Top Bottom