Is this the "squat" I keep hearing about?

bantyprincess

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 23, 2013
Oklahoma City, oklahoma

I thought she seemed a little more mellow with the kids. I've been reading about when hens are ready to lay, and this one is all about the squat when we go to pet her. She also stretches her neck out, my kids think she just wants to cuddle!

Lol, yes I think so. She's showing you her submissiveness. Most likely she takes you all as the rooster and she is in, um, breeding position you might say. It just means that your the boss.

That's what I thought! I'm so egggcited! I had noticed the other hens submitting to the roosters like that, and I wondered if that was a sign of eggs coming soon. Now I know! Thanks!

Congratulations! :lol:
I remember that first day....you wait and wait and you never think it will happen.
I have had my flock for three years now and I still LOVE going into the coop and finding those awesome eggs! What a wonderful miracle. :)

It's so eggcitng! My six ye old, bless her heart, found the egg. She was so excited to show me, she was running to the house and dropped the egg. She was worried I would be mad, I just didn't want her to be upset. There will be plenty more where that came from!

Back
Top Bottom