Is this wire mesh suitable for chicken run?

Hello,

I can't seem to find a definitive answer online about which mesh to use. We have two Silkies that will be kept in a run in the day, which currently has chicken wire on it which i know won't keep much out. I found this and the price is good, does this look suitable to keep the girls safe? It's 1.2mm wire diameter / 18 gauge.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amagabeli-Stainless-Henhouses-Garden-Vegetables/dp/B085DSV2LD/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3ACDBNLTWZZUU&keywords=18+gauge+mesh&qid=1660433870&sprefix=18+gauge+mesh,aps,76&sr=8-5&th=1

We live in the U.K so don't have raccoons or snakes or anything like that. At the moment it's the cats which keeps trying to eat them and i'd imagine possibly foxes could be a problem although i've never seen any about.

Many Thanks!
Hi,

I'm not sure how high silkies can fly, but be aware that the fencing is only around a yard high... not high enough to have me thinking that it's 100% safe.

Hi,

I'm not sure how high silkies can fly, but be aware that the fencing is only around a yard high... not high enough to have me thinking that it's 100% safe.
I've had silkies for over 2 years and I have never seen mine fly. Hop, flap, and leap yes. But fly? Not once.

Back
Top Bottom