Isa Brown - hen or rooster?

Kerrianne

Hatching
10 Years
Dec 14, 2009
Sydney
Hi. I'm a newbie at having chickens. I have 3 isa brown chickens - had them since they were born and they are now about 4 months old. I'm confused as to what sex they are. All their combs and wattles appear to be the same, the only difference I can pick is that 2 are bigger and have yellowish legs, the other is smaller and has greyish legs. Any help would really be appreciated please.

Thank you. All 3 are reddish, with a bit of white mixed in here and there. Maybe I have the wrong breed of chicken. I have posted some pics if that helps. The different colour legs intrigue me. I have also posted a pic of my other chickens - any idea what breed they are please?

45725_what_are_these.jpg

Would like to know what breed these are please.

45725_male_or_female_2.jpg

Are these Isa Brown? If so, male or female please?

45725_male_or_female.jpg

45725_is_this_an_isa_brown_male_or_female.jpg

This is the one with grey legs - can chickens have defieerent coloured legs and still be hens?

If those are all three, they are hens. Note the red feathers...

ISA brown is a sex link, which means they are the same hybrid of chicken, and because of how they are bred all males are white and all females are red with some white. They are not a breed, they are a hybrid of a red roo (RIR or NHR) and a white hen (delaware, White rock, etc)

Those other ones, the tall light colored ones, are some type of game fowl. Thats all I can say about that. Be careful that they dont fight each other. Games can have a fiery temper...

Edited for misinterpretation of data.

Last edited:
Quote:
1. The top look like maybe Asile
2. Don't know if they are Isa Brown.......I think hens
3. yes hens can have diff. colored legs even multi colored legs
But the chicken in the bottom two pics sure does kinda look like a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom