Isn't It Too Early For Eggs?

lol 2 more odd balls ill have to keep just to see if they color out normal. !!!!
Those are Violets, they will be non-pearled but the color of a Royal Purple. Cute! Didn't you have a Slate in your mix of adults?
(Sorry I can't keep track, I am hatching poults, keets and peachicks left n right over here and changing/cleaning brooders feeding and filling waterers non-stop, lol... so I am scatterbrained like you would not believe lol).
th.gif

No I have all semi pearls the only thing I can think is the rp hen who was/has lost her spots and barring or some how they are carrying non pearl gene. Lol only non pearl is sky blue but she's only been here 2weks. So your peas hatched?

No I have all semi pearls the only thing I can think is the rp hen who was/has lost her spots and barring or some how they are carrying non pearl gene. Lol only non pearl is sky blue but she's only been here 2weks. So your peas hatched?
Soooooo some of your partially-pearled birds are obviously carrying the non-pearled gene (or split to non-pearled). That's awesome. Tho I am not a huge fan of non-pearled varieties... variety and being able to offer it in each hatch is nice. Congrats :)

Yep, I hatched 2 Peachicks so far, from the first 2 eggs I set (1st eggs ever from my Peas...I'm a newb). I just have IBs (of unknown background), but somehow I hatched a Pied and dark Pied (I think), lol. At least now I can finally say first hand, for those that THINK the Pied gene works the same in Peafowl as it does in Guineas... that is wrong. It does not. The Pied gene can be carried and hidden in Peafowl, and that is not so for Guineas. You can't hatch Pied Guineas without at least one Pied or pure White bird in the mix.

Here's my PeaBabies
love.gif

I hatched some keets and poults in this hatch too, but haven't gotten pics of them yet (yes, I feel guilty, lol).

Back
Top Bottom