Isn't the LAYING hen supposed to sing the egg song?

Quote:
Thanks! I've been saving them up from the grocery store since last December, when I decided to get chickens. I wish someone would sell cartons pre-printed with nutritional information! (The four brown eggs in the middle are the ones I've gotten so far - the white eggs are the last of the store-bought eggs.)

Every so often I give the chickens a significant look, while telling them about the giant stack of saved egg cartons. LET'S GET WITH IT, LADIES.

We got ours from eggcartons.com after we ran out of the saved ones... Now we are selling with our own cartons with all the pre-printed info. Our customers love the "Farm Fresh Eggs" logo.
Bit the bullet on the cost but our cost of production is currently at .97 packaged and delivered. Sell price retail is 2.75 and wholesale is 1.65.

EGG SONG??? They SING when they get ready to lay!!! Oh my I built the coop and run outside my bedroom window!!!! sigh......
tongue.png

I love to watch my birds. Mine rearrange the nests too then lay their eggs and then walk off and sing their songs. I have some cheerleaders too.

Quote:
Oh dear, they sing when they are thinking about laying an egg and after they lay the egg. Their sisters usually join in and so does the roo. You'll have a whole egg chorus going on right outside your bedroom window.
hmm.png

I have one girl that walks around the run doing the egg song for all to hear. Then she walks into the coop and quietly lays an egg. After that she walks back out and gets a drink like nothing happened.

Quote:
My Brigid does that too. And let somebody be in her favorite nestbox and you'd think there was a massacre going on in the coop.
roll.png

Spring Chicken sings if she wants to lay an egg, has layed an egg, if another hen is on the nest or if another hen has just gotten off the nest.

I've had Edna for over a year. The only time she was excited enuf to cackle had nothing to do with an egg but involved a windblown, black plastic bag. She's the best layer I've got and talks about everything . . . in a quiet, conversational tone.

Right now, I'm trying to break a broody - what a struggle I'm having with Olivia! It has never been like this with my other broodies. I'm afraid I'm making an enemy out of a friendly hen . . .

All different but in funny, peculiar ways
lol.png

Steve

Back
Top Bottom