ISO wood incubator for boys’ 4H projects

JenEgrrrL

Songster
Oct 28, 2018
Pagosa Springs, CO
I’ve been combing the interweb for a working, or close to working, wood cabinet incubator. My boys, 14 & 11, want to do a joint project & exhibit they came up with for 4H!
Older son is in wood science and younger son is my chicken raiser progeny, so big bro wants to restore/refinish an incubator for little brobro then document a hatch in it. I love the idea so much but have been having a super challenging time finding one that is a fit for us. It would be wonderful to have most of the parts in working order, so BB can focus mostly on refinishing & documenting for his project. And I’m hoping that’ll help to have the bator already working so LB has the most success possible in his hatching project. Thanks so much for any leads!!

been having a super challenging time finding one that is a fit for us.

Are you looking for a small incubator? How many eggs are you wanting to hatch? The wooden ones are pretty good sized incubators is the reason I ask.

I’ve been combing the interweb for a working, or close to working, wood cabinet incubator. My boys, 14 & 11, want to do a joint project & exhibit they came up with for 4H!
Older son is in wood science and younger son is my chicken raiser progeny, so big bro wants to restore/refinish an incubator for little brobro then document a hatch in it. I love the idea so much but have been having a super challenging time finding one that is a fit for us. It would be wonderful to have most of the parts in working order, so BB can focus mostly on refinishing & documenting for his project. And I’m hoping that’ll help to have the bator already working so LB has the most success possible in his hatching project. Thanks so much for any leads!!
Have you checked your local extension office?

Are you looking for a small incubator? How many eggs are you wanting to hatch? The wooden ones are pretty good sized incubators is the reason I ask.
Yes it’s a wooden one that I’m seeking, so my son can do a restoration of the outside before we incubate. I’d like to end up with at least 20 chicks if we can, so something that holds at least 40+ eggs, but I’d be happy with a bigger one too, so it’s a good-sized project for the restoration part.

Cool idea! Please post pics if it works out.

Ooh no! But I will today!
Well neither extension office from my county or the next one over were very helpful or nice about my questions :idunno
It sure was worth a try though! I didn’t realize it would be this difficult to find one! I wonder if there are any wood incubator dealers out there 🤔

Back
Top Bottom