Issa chickens

dandan111

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 25, 2013
Would a production red and a Issa red or brown be the same thing?

Is the Issa a production type bird? Sex link?

Thanks
Danny

Production Reds are generic red birds that don't really meet the breed standard for the Rhode Island Red. The vast majority of hatchery sourced Rhode Island Reds are actually Production Reds. They are very good layers and breed true. They are not sexable by coloring.
ISA browns are a 'brand' name for red sexlinks. Each hatchery has their own 'recipe' for breeding red sexlinks, and their own names for them.
They are sexable by coloring, even at hatching. Red sexlinks are crossbreeds, and as a result, tend to produce a bit better than 'pure' bred birds. They do not breed true. Their increased production rate comes at a cost though. They tend to be prone to vent prolapsing and other laying issues, and they tend to decrease production dramatically after their second year.

ISA Browns are Hybrid Layers.....Known also as Sex-SAL- LINK Brown.....they lay large amounts of brown eggs...Very friendly docile Birds....They require good ventilation and layer feed at 18%....Controlled lighting is a must , to help in production........

I prefer to stay away from Hybrids......

Cheers!

ISA Browns are Hybrid Layers.....Known also as Sex-SAL- LINK Brown.....they lay large amounts of brown eggs...Very friendly docile Birds....They require good ventilation and layer feed at 18%....Controlled lighting is a must , to help in production........

Cheers!

Controlled lighting is not a must.
I have 15 and have never used artificial lighting and have gotten an egg every day.

Cheers!

Controlled lighting is not a must.
I have 15 and have never used artificial lighting and have gotten an egg every day.

How old are the Birds?........anyways.....

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom