Issues with a dog

Kaybug137

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2012
Texas
I know this is a chicken site, but best place I knew to ask a question about.
I've got a dog who's been sick for about a week now, can't take her to the vet, an I think shes on the other side of whatever has her down so bad, just worried about it spreading.
Shes started out with diarrhea, then turned into bloody Diarrhea, throwing up nonstop, unable to keep anything in, lethargic, I started out with a wet dog food mix, mainly watered in a syringe as she would not eat, then she'd go an get herself a drink from water mixed with some pedialyte, added pumpkin to the dogfood water mix, for about a week none of this would stay down, we gave her a extremely small dose of pepto, which helped an let her rest through the night, then the vomiting would start up again, no blood in her diarrhea at this point, just watery, no real color to it, maybe some. Then last night I started her on some baby food stage 2 meat, she held that, with pepto and water down, the whole intire night, and no vomiting as of today so far. We are giving her Digestive Rescue from Paxaid, she had a normal color of poop, but still very watery. I think shes on the right path, shes resting easier, and keeping her food and water down. I do still have to syringe feed her.
Just hoping someone knows what this is, I don't think its parvo, an I worry its contagious. I don't think its poisioning as she never had any seizures or any bleeding or bruising like I've read on some sites have said.

I would schedule a Vet visit. She seems quite ill. It could be anything from pancreatitis to an obstruction.

Sounds like she could also use some supportive care (like IV fluids and medications).

If she's been fully vaccinated and is older (1+ years) parvo is less of a concern but can't be ruled out. You would need to test for it to confirm diagnosis.

Knowing if it's contagious or not is impossible to tell over the internet.

A Vet appointment can help you get the answers you need and help your dog!

Good luck and I hope she improves.

I would definitely try to get a vet visit if she isnt doing better. As she could have parasites, something blocking her tracts, or digestive issues at this point.

Back
Top Bottom