Jul 28, 2022
South Australia
This Afternoon when I got home, I did my small errands around home. The 3 pullets were out and I came out to check on them. I go back inside for a few minutes and when I go back out again, there was an egg on my back doormat. me & mum were so excited! But our question is who laid it?

a) Loona (Suspected EE x Light Sussex)
b) Clover (Suspected Wyandotte x Light Sussex)
c) Snowy (Suspected Purebred Light Sussex)

we don’t know the real breeds and can’t get in contact with the owner of the flock with their parents (I originally got 5 chicks as a school project, ended up keeping them). They are about 5+ months old (only a few days apart) and we dont know if laying eggs this early is normal? Any ideas?

(mum said that snowy was acting strange so she suspects it’s her, although she has a pale comb & no Wattles. I think it was clover, who has a healthy comb & wattles.)

This Afternoon when I got home, I did my small errands around home. The 3 pullets were out and I came out to check on them. I go back inside for a few minutes and when I go back out again, there was an egg on my back doormat. me & mum were so excited! But our question is who laid it?

a) Loona (Suspected EE x Light Sussex)
b) Clover (Suspected Wyandotte x Light Sussex)
c) Snowy (Suspected Purebred Light Sussex)

we don’t know the real breeds and can’t get in contact with the owner of the flock with their parents (I originally got 5 chicks as a school project, ended up keeping them). They are about 5+ months old (only a few days apart) and we dont know if laying eggs this early is normal? Any ideas?

(mum said that snowy was acting strange so she suspects it’s her, although she has a pale comb & no Wattles. I think it was clover, who has a healthy comb & wattles.)

check the bones under their vents. when laying hens have those 2 bones wide apart. sorry for my english, I hope someone will explain better.

Hallmark Ecards Art GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

Back
Top Bottom