It happens to EVERYONE even if you are royalty....

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Put a hysterically funny mental picture in my head....I may have to force little crowns on a chicken's head just to take a picture! Any Brits out there who can get some of the royal chicken's eggs?

That picture IS a funny site! He wears that thing over his expensive dress cloths as not to be contaminated with the filthy chickens... hahaha. I guess that's funny because I'll be seeing that picture in my head this Sunday morning when I go do the morning chicken routine in my Sunday best. Should I get a robe to put on when I do this? LOL! And...... It's not too uncommon for me to be walkin around with a chicken feather stuck to my nice Italian dress shoes. Maybe I should get some booties to cover them.

Quote:
My younger son spends some time in the coop every day, he loves his chickens. He is also a magnet for dirt! He has "coop shoes" which are old crocs and a lab coat to wear over his clothes. They are in the shed, and he can't wear the shoes or cover up jacket in the house. If I didn't insist on that he would have to change his clothes a couple times a day! Also, maybe it's just chilly in the UK....
smile.png

Quote:
It is you who makes probably 95% of this forum want to puke, you really should learn how to show sympathy. fair enough rich people might think there above you. but tell me now if charles came to your house and saw a beautiful light sussex. what do you think his response would be??????? (OMG what a worthless poverty raised chicken) I doubt that bud he would probably comment on how nice and kept it was. you really should soften your heart because as of now I can place my beer over it and frost my mug kthxbai

Edited for typos sorry I was a little perturbed at this post.

Never mind, not worth it.

Last edited:
I am welsh, lived in wales for 32 years, and I didn't like that comment about the "prince of wales", he actually has a home in Llandovery, not far from where lived, and he was always extremely friendly and "outdoorsy", he did a lot of work himself in the garden and with his animals - obviously he is a very busy man, but he takes his organic stuff very seriously.

why would british royalty make someone puke?, that is way over the top - they bring in a lot of revenue in tourism for Britain - I mean when you ask people what they want to see when they go to the UK, the top of the list is usually buckingham palace and the queen, followed by stonehenge etc.

We keep wales a carefully guarded secret, in fact I find most americans don't even realize wales is it's own country, they call it Wales, ENGLAND - which I hate, because we fought with the english for many years, but they never conquered wales - Wales, Great Britain, or Wales, U.K, is the proper term (in case any BYC's meet any welsh lol)
Wales is impossibly beautiful - more so than Ireland where I lived in Llanelli I had 10 medieval castles within 30 minutes of my home, can you tell I miss home?!

I love to see Prince Charles' eggs!

As for Wales, I always thought of it as another country, not a state within the land itself. I thought he was Prince of Wales because all the lands have been taken by his family and close siblings. Not sure why he was selected for this country of Wales. My hubby who has visited England and Scotland, those folks in Britian told him Wales is its own country, not a combination of states (ie. New York, California, Florida, Montana, etc. etc.). As I was growing up, I always thought of Wales as a country but is in the UK area in mapwise. Even Scotland and Ireland are their own countries but they are not so far from each other.

I just think it's cool that Prince Charles raises chickens. All kinds of influential people promote and influence different things, and I think it's admirable that this particular celebrity is promoting green living and organic eating! Sure beats hearing about Paris Hilton's last arrest or shopping trip.... I'll bet you wouldn't catch many of her ilk wandering around in chicken poo appreciating their birds.

If I could afford to dress well in my chicken coop every day then I certainly would! Just because people are rich or born with some important status does not mean they are snobbish or rude, in fact it seems to happen more that those who see themselves as less privileged have the issue of being rude about it.

I have found quite enough to "puke" over here in our own government in our own country and do not feel it is necessary to be looking for reasons to do so elsewhere. I think it's perfectly acceptable to admire anyone who shares our hobby and interests! Of course he would be "outdoorsy" look where he's from, could anyone resist outdoor activities there?

One thing I am laughingly reminded of by my Scandinavian relatives and friends, that "we" are very young, and "they" have been around much longer....so some respect would be nice, at least.

Go Charles! I want some fertile hatching eggs!

Such pretty pretty chickens, I hope he fixes his predator problems and tells everyone how he's doing it!
thumbsup.gif

From Poultry Pages:

"The first records in the UK date back to the 1830's / 40's when early imports were presented to Queen Victoria and they were known as Shanghai's and of differing types. The game forms were used in the Malay and the large abundantly feathered ones were consolidated in the Cochin. The Chinese Shanghai fowl came to England and America in 1845. The name of this Asiatic breed was later changed to Cochin. The earliest Cochins were more or less buff in color. Its striking appearance, due to great size and profuse soft feathering, distinguished it from all other known breeds at the time. Cochins created a sensation in England, resulting in a great boom for the 'Cochin China', as it was called in the days of the 'Cochin craze'."

Who couldn't love those fluffy sweeties??

Quote:
I agree, enough about our government and we tried to convince Obama to get chickens and his staff said no. Oh well, surely, his daughters might convience him LOL!

I can not imagine dressing well when I am doing feeding, particuarly if they are going to get muddy and you would get mud baptized by the chickens.

I can not stand Paris and the other one, who is in deep doo doo. Glad they didn't have chickens or they would ahve been well grounded.

Back
Top Bottom