It was IB in my flock. :(

Allipoe

In the Brooder
12 Years
Oct 7, 2007
Fallston
So. It was IB. All the big guys (standards) are fit as a fiddle.

The banties, being so young, apparently didn't handle it well and all but one went to the great chicken coop in the sky.

The one...is now having serious seperation anxiety, and freaks out if I leave him (I think its a roo) in his little cage. So, what do I do to keep him from throwing himself bodily against the bars in desperation?

Take a look for yourself. >.<

july09001.jpg

Now I am afraid I will have a shoulder chicken (and the dirt to go with) for the rest of his little natural life. Gah!

Awww that is sweet. I have a small EE rooster (8 weeks old) "Wally" and he is picked on by every one. He is so shy and when I throw down grapes or cantalope he is AFRAID of it. I do not know what is up with that chicken. He looks like part Wellsummer or RIR? EE cross and he is soooooo sweet!

I do hug and cuddle this stinker. But he is for breeding and a pet. he won't go to freezer camp. Some animals are special.
wee.gif

My hens are betty, goofy, sweetie, lovie, (I named all my meat chickens "yum yum!")
love.gif

I have never really been "cuddly" with my chickens. Generally they are pretty skittish with me, which is ok.

But this one...hes like a crazy over attached critter.

you are the only flock he has, chickens don't do alone very well. he/she needs a friend(or at least a stuffed animal) or you will end up with a chicken like my Millie, raised in the house alone because she was an orphan no one wanted(given to me). Millie is an OEG that doesn't know she is not a human, loves to play tag, begs worse than a puppy and spends a lot of the day in someone's lap. Now at 1 year old I have a flock for her and I hope she will go outside. Good luck.

Problem is that the others I have are standards, who will beat the every loving snot outta him. Hopefully once I can figure things out he can either go somewhere, or get a girlfriend or three...somewhere. Snuggly chicken, jeesh.

Back
Top Bottom