It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play

Do you think I should stop making such long stories?

• Yep, just stop.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, I enjoy it.

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
Acan blushed and looked down. "Sir, I am but a gardener, albeit a master gardener, in line with my father and his father before him. We have faithfully served the royal family for generations as their master gardeners. I.... really don't think I would know how to do anything else, sir. But in the fall, nobody digs better during bulb planting season than a good burrowing owl. If any are soldiers.. but perhaps my garden boy could help us. He is just a boy, but it's all I can offer."

Rayko lit the lantern and turned to Acan and whispered " I understand that, Acan and you're very good at you gardening. We'll talk about this when we're out of here. If this boy can be trusted, then we'll ask him." He then turned to hurry out of the tunnel back the way they'd come. He slowed down and cautiously slipped out. He looked around and offered his hand to help Acan out.

Rayko lit the lantern and turned to Acan and whispered " I understand that, Acan and you're very good at you gardening. We'll talk about this when we're out of here. If this boy can be trusted, then we'll ask him." He then turned to hurry out of the tunnel back the way they'd come. He slowed down and cautiously slipped out. He looked around and offered his hand to help Acan out.

Acan gratefully accepted the hand to pull himself out of that narrow tunnel. He was so glad to get out of there, he felt like he was being squished.
" My garden boy is just a boy, 12 or 13, but strong and brave enough should we ask. He would be completely useless in battle should he be caught; I suspect, sir, that a possible scratch to the face or hands is all he might be able to muster. If it is possible, sir, for you to find among the ranks of the soldiers an older, combat trained burrowing owl, that might be better for our cause. Still, with a lack of soldiers after the last war, I can understand why we might have to use my garden boy." Acan looked distastefully down at the hole, then back to Rayko. " If you wish, it, i can go fetch him forthwith, sir."

As the gaurds conversation quieted, Reptar frowned as he heard a booming voice call for help. Acan? "There's trouble, can you fight, Lady Mesquite?" He asked as he armed himself and passed her a fee weapons.
"Yes, and well." She replied genuinely as took the weapon and armed herself.

Acan gratefully accepted the hand to pull himself out of that narrow tunnel. He was so glad to get out of there, he felt like he was being squished.
" My garden boy is just a boy, 12 or 13, but strong and brave enough should we ask. He would be completely useless in battle should he be caught; I suspect, sir, that a possible scratch to the face or hands is all he might be able to muster. If it is possible, sir, for you to find among the ranks of the soldiers an older, combat trained burrowing owl, that might be better for our cause. Still, with a lack of soldiers after the last war, I can understand why we might have to use my garden boy." Acan looked distastefully down at the hole, then back to Rayko. " If you wish, it, i can go fetch him forthwith, sir."

"No, I'll ask around. He'll be out last resort. I don't like putting children in dangerous situations. But for now, I need you to cover the hole exactly as it was. Not a hair out of place. " Rayko explained.

Acan nodded and meticulously put the flake of hay back over the hole in its haphazard looking way, so it was half hidden in the dark as it was before. Satisfied, he quietly turned and went to check his garden shed. He didn't like the idea if strangers roaming about with the ability to know where all the rooms were without even seeing them first! The thought was rather unsettling. He wanted to make sure everything was in its place.

Acan nodded and meticulously put the flake of hay back over the hole in its haphazard looking way, so it was half hidden in the dark as it was before. Satisfied, he quietly turned and went to check his garden shed. He didn't like the idea if strangers roaming about with the ability to know where all the rooms were without even seeing them first! The thought was rather unsettling. He wanted to make sure everything was in its place.

Mesquite followed, while watching for trouble along the way.

After a brief search, Reptar found Acan in his garden shed. "What's the matter, Acan? I heard you calling for help." He said curiously.

Back
Top Bottom