It's finally Spring! Has the itch hit you yet?

ChickityChina

Songster
Feb 18, 2016
Carroll County, Maryland
It never feels like Spring officially until I get my seeds started. So far I have my two kinds of tomatoes (napa grape and brandywine), eggplant, cabbage, and broccoli started inside. Now every time I go down to the basement I stare at my little soil pots and will them to sprout immediately! Of course, they never comply. I try to teach them not to put off till tomorrow what they could do today but vegetables seem to have procrastination down to a science. Oh well.

My chicks on the other hand are growing at an exponential rate and are probably willing just as hard as I am for my veggies to sprout. ---Bad feather-butts! Not touchy!---

Spring fever has hit me hard though and now I am waiting on raspberry roots and asparagus roots to arrive so I can get those in the ground. I am planning on getting my peas and radishes planted this weekend. Probably should have done it last week, but lack of daylight and warmth has got me limited to the number of things I can do over the time I have when I get home from work and building the coop for the ever-growing chicks has got us pretty tied down.

Anyone else getting the planting itch hard? I've had it all winter haha! What have you started so far?

I planted 4 different types of tomatoes indoors on Fri night, and they broke ground yesterday (Mon). I also started 8 different peppers, and some celery, they are not up yet. I check them constantly for progress. Last month I planted broccoli,cauliflower, cabbage,arugala,& spinach. All these are transplanted in the garden now. Next week it is corn, beans, squash , and more types of lettuce. I love springtime.
Also, my chicks are 2 weeks old, and growing like weeds. This is exciting because it is my experience with raising chickens.

I planted 4 different types of tomatoes indoors on Fri night, and they broke ground yesterday (Mon). I also started 8 different peppers, and some celery, they are not up yet. I check them constantly for progress. Last month I planted broccoli,cauliflower, cabbage,arugala,& spinach. All these are transplanted in the garden now. Next week it is corn, beans, squash , and more types of lettuce. I love springtime.
Also, my chicks are 2 weeks old, and growing like weeds. This is exciting because it is my experience with raising chickens.

Ohh I am jealous of your warmer weather down there! I wish my stuff was already sprouting or transplanted!
My chicks are two weeks too! I've had chickens before, but it is our first time raising from chicks as well.
big_smile.png
It's such a neat experience for the kids. Okay okay... I'm having a blast too!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom