Its so hot🥵🥵

Redbirdacres

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
What can I do to keep my babies cool? They're about 9.5-10 weeks and the do have a nice sized kiddie pool HOWEVER...Not everyone can or does use it. 3 of the 6 go in frequently to cool off and do OK. One has some bow legged issues and while it CAN go in and out of the pool, it does some struggle a little bit so prefers to not. I try to put it in on occasion. Then there's the other 2. Peanut has severe bowed legs and can't get up and down the ramp alone and honestly just gets in the pool and yells the whole time. "Big guy" has some severe leg issues going on and same story as peanut. I go out and spray them down with cool water but can't do that every 20 minutes. We're almost or forecasted to be at 90° or more every day this week with zero clouds. We built a shade enclosure for them but not all of them will go in it. I have some frozen fruits and veggies I'm planning to give them today and making ice as fast as I can. What else can I do????

PS: yes we're addressing the leg issues so don't need anymore advice on that at this particular moment, thank you! I know people get concerned and want to help 🥰

Another person posted a few years ago that she makes treat popsicles and floats them in the pools and water dishes. If I remember right, she would use old sour cream-cottage cheese type containers and peas, corn, watermelon, meal worms, etc., fill with water and freeze. The melting treat kept the water cool and the ducks happy.
LOVE this idea!

Back
Top Bottom